Saturday, April 21, 2007

(Super-Easy) Tandoori Naan Pizza

The hockey game is on soon, so this is going to be a short post. Kurt came over for dinner tonight and since I am in clean out the pantry, refrigerator and freezer mode, I made a quick, super-easy dinner using up some ingredients I had on hand in the pantry (pizza sauce and Penzey's spices), in the refrigerator (mozzarella cheese) and in the freezer (naan bread). I guess you could say that tonight I was an equal opportunity ingredient-user-upper. Kurt gave the pizzas two thumbs up. I tried a few bites of one (my stomach is still not 100%...it's been nine days...please, virus, go away!!!), and I agree they're very good. I think they would be even better with the garlic naan, though. Unfortunately, the garlic naan is always sold-out when I go to Trader Joe's. We both had some sliced pink lady apples, too. If you're not familiar with pink lady apples, they are sweet and juicy with a slight tartness to them, and they have a brilliant pink color (go figure). They weren't cheap at Whole Foods (then again, what is cheap at Whole Foods?), but they were delicious and worth every cent. Kurt's taking the other two naan pizzas home with him tonight after the Stars victory (fingers-crossed). Go Stars!!!

(Super-Easy) Tandoori Naan Pizza

1 package (4 pieces) Trader Joe’s Tandoori Naan (frozen, not thawed)
1 can Muir Glen Organic pizza sauce
1 (8 oz.) package Sorrento mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted spices (such as Aleppo Pepper, Italian Herb Blend and Garlic Powder)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with Reynolds Wrap Release Non-Stick Aluminum Foil (or lightly grease a piece of regular foil).

Place pieces of Tandoori Naan bread on foil. Spread pizza sauce evenly over each piece of bread. Sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese and your favorite spices.

Bake for 7-8 minutes. Let rest on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes, then serve.

Notes: You may have some leftover sauce and cheese.





No comments: