Friday, March 30, 2007

Easy (and Cute) Mini-Bagel Sandwiches

I usually don't refer to food as "cute", but how can any sandwich made with a mini-bagel not be cute? I was looking for two things tonight when deciding what to make for dinner. First, I wanted to use up 4 oz. of cream cheese in my fridge. Second, I wanted something simple that didn't require any cooking or baking. This recipe for Roasted Red Pepper on Mini-Bagel Sandwiches fit the bill. These are really yummy. They aren't anything out of the ordinary, but they taste good and they're easy to make. And don't forget...they're cute.

This would be a good finger food to take to a picnic or serve at a party.

Roasted Red Pepper on Mini-Bagel Sandwiches

Source: Adapted from Cooking Light

1 (8 oz.) pkg. 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves -- minced
12 mini bagels -- halved and toasted
1 (12-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers -- rinsed, drained, and chopped

Combine first 5 ingredients.

Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cut sides of bagels. Arrange the chopped red bell peppers evenly over bottom halves of bagels; top with top halves of bagels. Cut each sandwich in half.

Notes: I halved the recipe. I still used the whole 1/8 tsp. of black pepper, though. I used a 7 oz. bottle of roasted red peppers, too.

No comments: