Wednesday, March 28, 2007

One week 'til Washington D.C.

...and I still haven't completely figured out my itinerary. The two main reasons for my visit are seeing my friend Kelly and seeing the cherry blossom trees, so anything else really is a bonus. The museum that I really, really wanted to see is under renovation until summer 2008. Go figure. Oh, well...what can you do?

All I know as of right now is that Kelly and I are having drinks one night at Hotel Washington (check out that view!) and I'm treating her to Easter brunch at Old Ebbitt Grill before I hop the next plane to Chicago to meet up with Mike. Sometime during the four days I will be in D.C., we plan to visit old town Alexandria, Arlington National Cemetery, and take either a bus tour or boat tour of all the monuments by moonlight, too. We're waiting to hear back from my congressman's office to see if we'll be able to take a tour of the White House and the Capitol, too. I'm really excited. We're going to figure out what days she can come see me out in Vancouver this summer, too. She has frequent flyer miles to use, and I'm glad she's using them to come see me in beautiful B.C. (In full disclosure, she has friends that live in the Vancouver suburb of Delta that she's coming out to visit, too.)

No comments: