Friday, March 23, 2007

Friend, Neighbor, Gift-Giver

My friend and neighbor Colleen and I had our last official "Girl's Veggie Pizza Night" tonight. She is moving all of her stuff to Huntsville tomorrow afternoon. Alas, she will be back next week to clean her apartment, leave her job and have dinner at Seasons 52 with me. YAY...I'm looking forward to it already.

We all know it's hard to find a good friend (and neighbor) these days, so I just wanted to let you know what kind of friend Colleen has been to me.

Colleen's the kind of friend and neighbor who...

Calls just to say hello and ask how your day was

Remembers your birthday

Sends thank you notes and sympathy cards

Picks you up at the MARTA station or drives you to the airport

Picks up your mail while you are on vacation

Get excited about going to Cost Plus World Market, Whole Foods and Ten Thousand Villages with you

I am so appreciative for all you have done for me and all you have meant to me. I'll miss you!!! Should I decide to move back to Atlanta after my time in Vancouver, you're always welcome to come stay with me (in an actual house yet to be purchased) for the weekend and we'll hit all the hot shopping spots and new, trendy restaurants around town.

Colleen surprised me tonight with a gift card from Ten Thousand Villages. It won't be the same going there without her in tow, but nonetheless I am looking forward to spending it.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING, Colleen!!!



No comments: