Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I'm Back!!!

I feel so good this morning. I slept for a straight 12 hours and 10 minutes last night, and I'm recharged and ready to tackle this whole Vancouver thing. Well, not yet. I am taking the next week (okay, two weeks) off until I start making phone calls and stressing out over all I have to do in the next six weeks. My to-do list just keeps getting longer and longer. It seemed like it was so far away (not a Nickelback reference), and now it is a lingering deadline (albeit one of the best deadlines I have ever faced). I have way too much stuff in my apartment to even want to start thinking about what I am going to do with it all. I'm thinking of tossing most of it and replacing it later. I just don't want any hassle, and I have better things to do than to bubble-wrap casserole dishes and mixing bowls and wash and box-up sheets and towels to place in storage.

France was fantastic!!! I'll have a lot more to tell you about my trip later. I have a memory card full of pictures I need to upload, and I'm just not in the mood to spend much time on the computer uploading them right now. And may I say that the French Riviera tops Paris hands-down? Don't get me wrong, I loved Paris, but it was hot and crowded. I never envisioned that I would have to push through hundreds of people at Musee D'Orsay, but that's exactly what we had to do. I am sunburned, my feet hurt and my clothes stink, but the trip was awesome. The French people were so nice to us (seriously!!!)...hmmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that we overtipped every taxi driver who took us somewhere and every waiter who served us. Regardless, we were treated well, and it was a welcome surprise by us both. I ate way too many gelato cones and pastries in Paris and way too much pasta and pizza (and yet more gelato and pastries) in Nice to fuel me on a carb frenzy for the next few months. I really need to hop back on the exercise bandwagon soon. Very soon. I am a bit bummed that I didn't wake up to the sounds of crashing aqua-blue waves on the Mediterranean this morning, though. Waking up every morning in Nice and sitting on the balcony at the Palais de la Mediterranee overlooking the Mediterranean cannot be explained. You just have to do it yourself to understand the feeling of sheer bliss and relaxation.

I even have Euros left. I can't believe it myself. I never come home with any money left, so I am extremely happy that I have a stash of cash to take with me to the Christmas markets in Munich, Prague and Vienna in December. I'm so excited about that upcoming trip, too, but first things first. I have Vancouver, San Francisco, Washington State, Vancouver Island and the Canadian Rockies to think about first. Oh, my life doesn't suck. Not bragging, just realizing how fortunate I am to see and do all of these things without having any other commitments in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home.

You aren't bragging. You are just fortunate and I am so happy for you. As I have said before, I want to be you in my next life.

I'll call you tonight. I have so much to tell you.

K